The latest news on healthy living. To suggest or submit an idea for a HealthBrief or other editorial, click here.
Spring Cleaning for the Body
By Jason Eagle
- A clean sponge is needed for spring cleaning, and the body is like a sponge that needs to be cleaned—by detoxifying it. The first level of detox (classic detox) includes cleaning up one’s diet, by taking specific detoxifying herbs and products or...
How Environmental Factors Influence Our Health and Behavior
- "Human adipose (fat) tissue from U.S. residents has revealed 700+ chemical contaminants that have not been chemically identified while more than 80,000+ chemicals and toxicants have been developed, distributed and discarded into...
Tips for Controlling Our Indoor Environment
- We contribute to outdoor air pollution in hundreds of subtle ways. While ultimately outdoor air pollution must be reduced as a matter of public policy, individuals still make a difference. Limiting the use of chemicals and making energy-efficient choices will reduce your personal contribution. We each have so much...
Platelet-Rich Fibrin and Laser Therapies Enhance Healing
- Regenerative dentistry may be the appropriate approach for patients whose damaged jaw and oral tissues increase the risk of conventional surgical procedures. The regenerative modalities of...
Relieve Unpleasant Symptoms with BioIdentical Hormones
- Menopause is the time when a woman says good-bye to her reproductive years and ushers in a time of hormone imbalances. Many experience unpleasant symptoms such as...
Study from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Something as simple as a mother’s vitamin D level can have a future impact on her children, a study from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
May Cause Health Problems for Some High-Risk Groups
- In updated guidelines, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning that dental amalgam fillings may cause health problems for some high-risk groups because of mercury vapor leaks. Among those advised to
New Study by Trinity College Dublin
- Polypropylene baby bottles—which comprise 82 percent of the global baby bottle market—release an “extraordinary” number of microplastic particles, reports a new study by Trinity College Dublin. In a study
Reduce Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
- Regular consumption of chili peppers can reduce the risk of dying from cardiovascular disease by 26 percent and from cancer by 23 percent, suggests a review of 4,729 studies involving
Promote New, Healthier Thoughts and Actions
- Each year, many people consciously decide to create change by making resolutions and setting goals. But for most, this effort is short-lived and old patterns win out. This cycle is frustrating and can oftentimes
Noninvasive Wellness Monitor Identifies Nutritional Deficiencies
- In this confusing time with hundreds of “proven diets,” thousands of nutrition books, conflicting research and advice for diet and lifestyle, how are people to know what is best for their bodies? Many feel as though they are on their own while
Recognizing the difference between the good hormone leptin, and the bad hormone ghrelin is the first step and the
Maximize Your Potential to Promote Optimal Health
- Many today are seeking more natural solutions for staying healthy or to help with a chronic health condition. For some, prescription medications might cause reactions or dysfunction, surgery may not be an option, or
Safe, Noninvasive Help for Arthritis, Joint Disease and More
- Regenerative medicine in the form of exosomes and umbilical stem cells may be the way to go for those suffering with pain, stiffness and inflammation associated with arthritis, osteoarthritis, joint disease and
Eating Citrus and Vegetable Daily Can Help Seniors
- “Bulking up” evokes images of bodybuilders and possible steroid use, but new research shows that older people that simply eat lots of vitamin C-rich fruits and vegetables have greater skeletal muscle mass than
Patients also reported improved moods and energy
- Yoga postures and breathing may significantly reduce episodes of atrial fibrillation, suggests a new study—good news for the one in 11 Americans that suffer from its anxiety-producing palpitations, racing pulses, dizziness and shortness of breath. In the study, which was
Sustain Performance, Manage Inflammation and Speed Recovery
- Whether you are a professional athlete or participating in an amateur sports league with your friends, exercise can provide significant benefits. However, exercise, when not managed correctly, can also lead to injury. To ensure that you...
Effective Ingredients and Simple, Results-Driven Steps
- The need to avoid harsh chemicals in favor of naturally soothing ingredients on skin is clear to Holly Cutler, creator of The Skin Saint™ product line, which is free of problematic components such as parabens, sulfates and formaldehyde. She is the owner of
Therapies to Rejuvenate, Detoxify and Revitalize Your Body
It is estimated that up to 70% of people are chronically dehydrated. IV Nutrient therapy can optimize hydration levels immediately, as well as deliver...
Revolutionizing Dentistry, Aesthetics and Other Treatments
The latest generation of dental lasers are revolutionizing dentistry with treatments that are faster, more effective and more satisfying to patients than ever before
The Microbiome: A Garden In a Community
To understand how hydrochloric acid (HCL) supplementation works, Jason Eagle of Strategic Healing in Auburn Hills, MI says to think of the microbiome as a garden in
The gut (gastrointestinal tract) is loaded with an abundance of wonderful bacteria and yeast. In fact, most people will have about 3-4 pounds of these wonderful “good bugs” living in...
American Regenerative Clinic Offers Ten-Pass Hyperbaric Ozone Therapy
Ozone therapy has been shown to kill all kinds of germs topically via ozonized water, oils and creams. Ozonized water can be very effective as drinking water and solution for mouth and...
Help to Prevent and Mitigate Viral Infections
Dr. Keri Topouzian discusses a 3-step approach on ways to help prevent the Coronavirus COVID-19 infection. It includes ways to boost immune function, and also how to kill viruses off...
Dr. Nedra Downing on Vitamin C and Other Remedies To Help With Colds and Flu
Viral infections, such as flu and Coronavirus, are highly contagious and can be picked up from an unchecked sneeze seven feet away. Most discussion has been about...
Natural Wellness & Pain Relief Center in Grand Blanc Now Offers HBOT
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is a specialized oxygen treatment that enhances the body’s natural healing processes by breathing 100% oxygen in a total body chamber, where atmospheric pressure is...